This community is based solely on the flute, flute music, flute majoring, concert band, marching band, and anything having to do with the flute or any instrument in the flute family. Please join if you are interested in or play the flute! To join, please see the
1. Be Considerate! It is unbearable to come to a community and be treated like you don't belong. If you do anything to criticize, discriminate, or bash any other member you will be removed from this community. Even if they did it first.
2. Don't get off topic! This is a FLUTE community. That means we talk about flute! If you're talking about general classical music, that's fine. But if you feel like talking about anything else, there are other communities. We don't mind occassional piccolo conversations here, but we've made a LiveJournal community for that too, so please post at piccolo_society for that, not here!
3. Do not promote! If the community is really that great, e-mail a moderator and we'll promote it ourselves. Otherwise, please don't clog up the posts with unwanted promoting! If it really warrants promoting, we'll be the ones to let everyone know!
4. CUT! CUT! CUT! If your post is unbelievably long, please LJ-Cut it! If you don't know how to LJ-Cut please refer to the LiveJournal FAQs. Nobody likes scrolling through their friends list to find a 5,000 word journal entry!
5. Friends Only! Please make all of your posts "Friends Only". This is a membership only community, so we'd like to keep our posts that way too!
6. Stay Active and HAVE FUN! The reason you joined this community (or are going to) is to have fun and learn more about the flute. Please enjoy yourself, or if you're not, let us know! It's our job to make sure that this community is doing it's job! If you have any problems, feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (yes, we know it's long!) and we'll try our best to help you.
Want to Join?
If you're interested in joining, make sure you've read all of the rules above. If you agree to follow them all, please reply to this post with "Yes! I want to join!" and then follow the directions below.
1. Join the Community!
2. After you are accepted (if you are), you will gain posting access for a period of three days.
3. Post a NEW journal entry with this
1. LJ Username
2. Real Name
6. Instruments - Experience
10. About Yourself
in a LJ-Cut before your three days are up. If it does not have a LJ-Cut or if you do not post within the time limit you will be removed from the community. This will gauge your adherance to following rules and your activity.
4. After the three day period, you will gain full posting access. You are officially a member of the community after this!
You may still follow through with step 1 and the rules response, but you will not be accepted until January 30th. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but it is for the better of the community!